What does it take to be eligible?
• Eligibility for culmination is determined by the third report card of the Spring Semester
• Receiving an eighth grade certificate is determined by your grades for the Fall and Spring Semester
• An overall 2.0 GPA
• No failing grades (F’s)
• A “C” or better in Algebra and English
• No more than 2 U’s
• Five (5) absences or less
How do I earn Eighth Grade Certificate?
• To earn an eighth grade certificate, you must have 55 credits
• That means that you cannot have more than one Failing (F) grade for the ENTIRE YEAR!
• If you earned two F’s or more during Fall Semester, you will not receive a certificate
• If you earned two or more F’s including Fall Semester and Spring Semester, you will not receive a certificate
• If you are eligible for spring semester, you can participate in the culmination ceremony, even if you do not receive a certificate
Where do I go if I need help!
• Ask your Teacher what you can do to improve your grades
• Follow your teacher’s suggestions
• See your counselor if you need more help
• June ______ are the days eligible students will pay $15.00 for class dues and/or $16.00 for the graduation gown. All fees are non-refundable
• Eligible students must take care of class dues, library fees, text book fees, and attendance issues, and other fees prior to participating in the Culmination Ceremony
When can I talk to the class sponsors?
• ONLY AFTER I have talked to my teachers, counselors, and parents
• ONLY during Homeroom and Nutrition, and you must have a written pass from your Homeroom teacher
• Your Track Sponsor can not change a grade, or speak on your behalf to a teacher or counselor. Do not talk to your 8th grade sponsor about grades!
Can I improve my grades?
• Attend Intersession and Saturday School
• Attend before and after school tutoring
• Schedule an appointment to see your counselor
• If your teacher approves, you can make up all of your missing work
• If your grade improves, your teacher can change your grade in the Counseling Office
• Grades are not gifts that are given. YOU earn your grades